External Resources - The Smart Cities Marketplace
The Smart Cities Marketplace was created by merging the two former European Commission projects “Marketplace of the European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities” (EIP-SCC) and the “Smart Cities Information System” (SCIS) into one single platform. It is a major market-changing undertaking that aims to bring cities, industries, SMEs, investors, researchers, and other smart city actors together.
The Smart Cities Marketplace has thousands of followers from all over Europe and beyond, many of which have signed up as a member. Their common aims are to improve citizens’ quality of life, increase the competitiveness of European cities and industry as well as to reach European energy and climate targets.
The Smart Cities Marketplace is a resource for those who wish to learn more about smart cities and to take an active part in their development around Europe. The four main services provided include:
- Matchmaking: Allows users to explore and participate in services and events for cities and investors on creating and finding bankable smart city proposals by using the Investor Network and publishing calls for projects.
- Community: Consists of several Action Clusters and Initiatives with a variety of activities to help shape the market for Smart Cities in Europe
- SCALABLE Cities: Scalable Cities Secretariat is a city-led initiative created under the umbrella of the European Commission and CINEA, with the aim to create large-scale, long-term support for the cities and projects in the Scalable Cities group. It will provide large-scale, long-term support for the cities and projects involved in the H2020 Smart Cities and Communities Lighthouse Group with 18 projects and 128 cities participating.
- EU Initiatives: Allows the user to explore other EU initiatives focusing on making EU cities better places to live and work.
How to use & tips
- The Smart Cities Marketplace provides you with vital knowledge to support you in moving your smart city ambitions forward. Here you will find use cases from more than 80 successful European projects, including over 18 Lighthouse projects, sharing solutions implemented in both small and medium-sized towns and in metropolises such as London, Barcelona and Vienna.
- To get more context with the SmartEnCity project, also see what the SmartEnCity Academy has said about the Smart Cities Marketplace.
Link to more information